Cath Ruins 2
View  from the South-West of the Ruins of Kildare Cathedral from a Booklet Issued by the Restoration Fund Raising Committee c. 1876


Founded in 1891 the Society’s stated aim was: “the promotion of the study and knowledge of the antiquities and objects of interest in the county and surrounding districts.”

The Society today carries on the work of its founders and is active in the protection and preservation of County Kildare’s rich archaeological heritage.

An interesting programme of outings and lectures is organised each year and the Society’s journal appears every two years.




Page Rank Check